Bologna district combines the offer of three Art Cities: Bologna, Modena and Ferrara. It houses three International trade fair poles for a total of around 200.000 sq.m, in the ray of 30 kilometers. Bologna Fair District is, after Milano, the second most important trade fair destination in Italy.
The district at a glance:
- A crossroad in Europe – The third most important International airport & the major road- and railway hub in Italy.
- Unrivalled range of venues – Upgraded, flexible and modular facilities, historical sites and charming locations, unconventional settings such as traditional opera houses – Superior customized services;
- Welcoming & friendly – Dedicated on line services – Welcome and information points for a customized assistance to delegates and conference attendees;
- Motorvalley – a unique heritage – House of the world best-known luxury sport car and motorbike factories – Ferrari, Lamborghini, Maserati, Ducati and the racing tracks in Imola and Modena provide plenty of choices for legendary experiences, unforgettable incentive programs, inspirational corporate events, group and team building activities;
- International academic scene – Prestigious seats of learning, culture and arts – Home of Alma Mater Studiorum, the oldest University in Europe founded in 1088;
- Pre and post event Culture – Ferrara and Modena are both UNESCO World heritage sites – Bologna was the first city in Italy to enter in the UNESCO Creative Cities Network, in the music section – Perfectly preserved historical centres with charming and exciting opportunities for sightseeing and shopping to entertain delegates and to enjoy the true Italian life style;
- Key Economic Sectors – Powerhouse of Italian economy & International trade hub – Key industrial sectors: food, motor and engineering, fashion, electronics, pharmaceutics, e-commerce, ceramic, biomedical, petrochemical and chemistry;
- Better city, better life – In 2010 the Shanghai International World Expo Comittee put Bologna in the “Liveable city” pavillion judging the city as an excellent example of “Urban settlement” in four categories: Culture & Creativity; Technological Innovation; Blending of diverse cultures; Urban and infrastructural transformation;
- Extensive accommodation – An age old tradition in hospitality guaranteeing a wide range of solutions for hotel accommodation from charming old-style establishments to world famous ultramodern, international hotels;
- Famed culinary traditions & award winning top class gastronomy – Tortellini, tagliatelle, lasagne, mortadella, parmigiano-reggiano, aceto balsamico tradizionale: mouth-watering itineraries & cooking lessons to discover the secrets and taste the best of Italian cooking – The 5-star gastronomy at home of award winning chefs for once in a lifetime experience.