Rimini’s district combines the best known tourist attraction of Emilia Romagna Region – the Adriatic Riviera – with four magnificent Art Cities (Ravenna, Rimini, Forlì and Cesena), the hilly green heart of Romagna, the brand newest convention facilities in the Region ( the Palacongressi in Rimini and the Palazzo dei Congressi in Riccione) and last but not least one of the most important fair ground in Italy, Rimini Fiera (a project by GMP Hamburg – 460.000 sqm of exhibiting surface). Sun, sea & beach, exiting diversion & entertainment, vibrant nightlife, picturesque medieval villages, elegant marinas, UNESCO World Heritage sites and delicious gourmet traditions are the topics of this district.
Rimini district at a glance:
- Easy to access – Set between the Apennines and the Adriatic coast – Equipped with two International airports, one in Rimini and one in Forlì – Crossed by motorways (A14), highways (E45) and Consular roads (SS 9 and SS 16) as well as by the Adriatic railway line.
- Unrivalled range of venues – A wide range of venues to suit every budget, size and sectors from modern convention centres in varying sizes – to historical sites and unusual charming venues – Rimini Palacongressi, the largest convention centre in Italy;
- Extensive accommodation options – More than 175.000 rooms in modern and welcoming 5-, 4- and 3-star hotels – From independent traditional houses with a long tradition in the hospitality industry to the finest international chains – Over 160 years old experience in welcoming guests from all over the world;
- High quality of life – A welcoming & friendly spot 365 days a year – The true Italian “Dolce vita”: relax on the beach, discover the verdant hills and the traditional villages up in the Apennines, stop and get pampered in spa retreats, enjoy the products i.e. fragrant truffle, perfumed extra-virgin olive oil and superb sangiovese wine;
- Unique and well preserved cultural heritage – Last capital of the Western Roman Empire and head town of the Bizantine kingdom in Italy, Ravenna houses magnificent mosaics and architecture masterpieces – Rimini dates back to the era of ancient Rome, the city centre is spotted with witnesses of that time (such as the Tiberius bridge) as well as of the Malatesta époque including masterpieces by Leon Battista Alberti, Piero della Francesca and Giotto – Cesena preserves the Malatesta Library, the first European civic library, listed in 2005 by UNESCO in the Memory of World Program – Rich calendar of cultural events;
- Leisure, entertainment, shopping & nightlife – Choices for free time are almost infinite, delegates will never get bored because fun and entertainment were born right here, on the Adriatic Riviera! – Rimini’s district has no shortage of diversions: from 16 theme and entertainment parks to the best clubbing scene in Italy, from sophisticated bars & restaurants to cool shopping in boutiques and factory’s outlets where to buy the best made-in-Italy brands and traditional handicraft;
- Challenging and rewarding contests – Races and drive tests at the “M. Simoncelli” in Misano Adriatico, sailing cups in the Adriatic sea, “Pasta” making courses with “Mariette” at Casa Artusi in Folimpopoli, mosaic workshops in Ravenna, pottery workshops in Faenza, wine-tasting challenges in wine estate, truffle hunting in the Apennines: let inspire you with unforgettable incentive programs and original group and teambuilding activities.